This a workshop is a powerful tool designed to enhance innovation and business performance, build your way to better business, tap into the hidden expertise of the organization, and transform insight and awareness into commitment and shared goals.
When to use it:
- you would like to gain new learning, insights and new ways of thinking
- you want to deal with tough and complex issues in a constructive atmosphere
- there are no obvious answers.
- asking each team member or participant the same question results in substantially different answers
- it is important that everyone participates in the discussions and contributes with his or her knowledge and opinions
- you want to increase team understanding and at the same time avoid frustration subject is complex and multifaceted and there is a need to grasp the bigger picture
- find connections and explore options and potential solutions
- reach decisions which everyone commits to and honors aﬅer the meeting even though he or she does not agree 100%
- it is vital that participants speak their true feelings without intimidating anyone or being intimidated
- you have a situation in which a few members tend to dominate the discussions and you want to break that routine without offending anyone
- you have a group which feels meetings tend to be a waste of time
- you want to avoid excuses or lack of initiative aﬅer the meeting
- you want to ensure that all participants share a common understanding and frame of reference
The LEGO® Serious Play® Method is a facilitated meeting, communication and problem-solving process. Based on research which shows that this kind of hands-on minds-on learning, produces a deeper, more meaningful understanding of the world and its possibilities.
A LEGO® Serious Play® workshop can help your team:
- Explore relationships and connections between people and their world
- Observe dynamics both internal and external
- Explore various hypothetical scenarios
- Gain awareness of the possibilities
Each participant builds his or her own 3D LEGO® model in response to the facilitator's questions using specially
selected LEGO® elements. These 3D models serve as a basis for group discussion, knowledge sharing, problem solving and decision making.
Utilizing visual, auditory and kinesthetic skills, the Method requires participants to learn and listen, and it provides all participants with a voice. It also deepens the reflection process and supports an effective dialogue for everyone in the organization
For those leadership or working teams who wish to understand their team dynamics, outline the bonds that keep them together and point out the steps to become more effective & positive.
This is a full 8 hours workshop for groups of 8-12 persons. An ideal implementation location would be a spacious indoor venue with 2 sets of tables.